4.05.2010

captain of the starship the uss odyssey of the starfleet.

a lil shout out to the christa mcauliffe space center which makes a cameo appearance in this music video:




in sixth grade i was appointed captain of my crew at the space center.
the day before my flight, my orthodontist fitted me with a brand new retainer.
with this new retainer,
i couldnt speak without a lisp- in fact, i really couldnt speak at all.
anything that came out of my mouth just sounded like mumbled jarble.
i didnt speak much as a kid anyway, so it wouldnt have been that big of a deal,
but, i was captain-
i was in charge of shouting the orders.

so i went to the space center
wearing my retainer like a good lil kiddo,
but when i got there, i sneakily took the slobbery and saliva-y retainer out of my mouth
and shoved it deep into the crevices of my pockets,
then i boarded my ship.

i was on board for no less than two minutes when my ship crashed right into a meteor and everyone died.

but that was ok.
it was our first try, it happened to everyone.
so they gave me a second chance.
the second voyage lasted less than one minute.
the aliens invaded.
and killed us all.

it was kind of a crummy day on the odyssey.
but at least i could speak.