6.10.2010

random thoughts. by lexy.


happy.

the last twenty-four hours have been interesting.
i couldnt sleep last night.
i tossed.
i turned.
my mind raced.
and i came to a conclusion:

happiness is a decision.
no matter what happens in my life, i will be happy.
i decided.
granted, there are a few things that would make it easier for me to be happy,
but even if life doesnt go as hoped for--
i am still going to be happy.
because there are too many beautiful moments in life to spend time getting caught up in the ugly ones.
i dont have time to be unhappy,
so i wont.

patient.

lately, ive felt like ive been beating my head against a brick wall.
ive struggled,
ive wrestled,
and ive even been on the verge of just giving up.
but then i remember my favorite mantra to repeat to people when im playing therapist:
"the best things in life take the hardest work."
(patience is work, people! at least it is for me).

yes, life can be irritating.
but after its irritating,
its rewarding.
there are things in life that push me to my limits,
to the point where i think that i dont have a chance at success,
but then i succeed.
and i grow.
and its beautiful.
so im grateful for irritating things.
because irritating things provide opportunities.
opportunities to become better, smarter, more aware, and closer to my God.

grateful.

i love today.
i love that it rained for 5 minutes.
i love that my mom called me and that i got to spend some time with her and my sissy.
i love my friends. they were placed in my path by God. each one is there for a special reason-- to help me, to push me and to comfort me.
i love that i can learn through experiences- even if its challenging.
i am so grateful for it all.
the good,
the bad,
the sad,
the happy.
i am so grateful.

i like.

this talk.
this dress.
this song.
this quote.
this blog.
this painting.

that is all.
adieu.